Easy Guide to Insurance Reimbursements
Please note: This information is for therapy/counseling clients only.
Many people believe that counseling is not covered by health insurance. While this is true in some cases, many insurance companies simply reimburse for counseling services rather than paying directly.
Based on our credentials, if you have an out-patient mental health care benefit in your health insurance benefit package and are permitted to choose your own service provider (PPO), you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for our fee at the out-of-network percentage rate. We do not bill insurance companies directly; however, we can provide the information your insurance company typically requires, so that it can be attached to your claim form.
For timely reimbursement:
- Contact your insurance company to request claim forms.
- Submit the first claim form immediately in order to kick start your reimbursement process.
- Submit at a frequency level that works for you so your reimbursement can supplement your cash flow.
Full Disclosure Fee Schedule
- Diagnostic Visit — $130, one time
- Individual Therapy — $115 per hour
- Life Coaching — $60 per 45 minutes
The Life Coaching fee is inclusive of a half hour of non-billable time for email communication when needed between sessions. Please note there is no insurance reimbursement available for Life Coaching services. This is a policy within the coaching profession. However, some employers do subsidize coaching fees as part of their employee development program. Please check if this option is available with your employer.